The Mac @TheMac
11 September, 03:12
The study of quantum dots began in the 1980s. Quantum dots are very small amounts of semiconductor material (nanoparticles) whose size affects the allowed energy levels of the material. The electrons of the material usually reside in the lowest band of energy levels called the valence band. When the electron absorbs energy it is excited to a higher band of energy levels, levels called the conduction band, leaving behind an empty spot known as a hole. When the electron returns to the lower valence energy level it emits energy. How far apart the valence band and conduction band are depends on the size of the particle. The size of the particle controls what is known as the confinement energy, Figure 1. This means that the size of the particle can be used to control the different types of light the particles absorb and emit. Quantum dots have been created that absorb ultraviolet light and emit all of the colors of the rainbow depending on their size, rather than just what it is made of.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Patrice Daniel @FrenchPatrick
🙂Finally, an explanation that I can look up as opposed to a really cool diagram that I am unable to grasp. I wish I could be a student in a class that you teach.
03:19 PM - Sep 11, 2022
In response The Mac to his Publication
Only people mentioned by FrenchPatrick in this post can reply

No replys yet!

It seems that this publication does not yet have any comments. In order to respond to this publication from Patrice Daniel, click on at the bottom under it