Yester Vue @realyestervue
I miss old America...don;t you guys? Remember when no one followed you putting bumpers everywhere and strapping helmets on you? How did we live through all this?
07:44 AM - Aug 22, 2022
Only people mentioned by realyestervue in this post can reply
TheRepublic ForWhichIStand @TheRepublicForWhichIStand
22 August, 11:52
In response Yester Vue to his Publication
This was me on the bike, 100%. I jumped my neon green Mongoose with the Z-Rims all over the hood. Was a bunny hoppin son of a bitch. Loved it when something turned into a construction site and there was leftover bricks and boards to make new jumps! Kids these days really have missed out on life.

Reminder: "They" took this from you and your children. It's time to take it back.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
22 August, 01:19
In response TheRepublic ForWhichIStand to his Publication
We did this cause this guy was all over TV in the 70's so we all wanted to do the same wild stuff. This guy was wild and a tough dude. Made all his jumps on Harley's! He was red white and blue "Merican" to the core tho...

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
We Go All @5_5weseeyou
22 August, 10:47
Bout 10 years ago my wife and i visited the Philippines, we were actually just discussing the differences to the US and RP concerning safety laws.. and lo and behold, 6 kids in shorts and flip flops all hanging off one very small bike rolled by... every kid on that bike was having the time of their lives.. exclamation point was added to our original conversation.

22 August, 10:50
In response We Go All to his Publication
They are supposed to be just being kids like that...best times for them is the "local village" group running together amuck like we did!

22 August, 10:25
I think my favorite one in this photo is the stunned girl with her hands on her head and her jaw agape! Totally amazed and impressed!

amy lilley @amylilley
22 August, 09:47
AMEN, and a scraped knee was the norm, a little Bactine spray, a bandaid, and back outside we went❤️❤️❤️

22 August, 10:27
In response amy lilley to her Publication
It's not just that we were that crazy brave either...who do you know today that would lay on the ground for you like that after the ramp? Your friends were as insane as you were!

Blaine .13 donated @Blaine13
22 August, 09:38
Cheers!
I survived better than my bikes did...

Lion Hart @Lion_Hart
22 August, 09:17
We didn't give a $hit, we were (mostly) independent, and 'walked everything off' without a care

Also Our parents didn't give a $hit and let us be kids, unless there was a really good reason to step in

Good times !

Then helicopter parenting and 'safety first' arrived in the 90's

MATTHEW Bissanti @markerdragon
22 August, 09:15
i still live this way

Aunt Ro# @AuntRo
22 August, 09:14
I love this picture. It represents my childhood. Ironically, the very people who did this in the neighborhood are the very ones who are wearing the safety gear now and bike helmets.....
it was a simpler time. the whole neighborhood spent time outside including the parents. As a child, you knew if your parents where unavailable another neighbor would step up and help out.

Peaceful Warrior @peacefulwarrior
22 August, 09:12
Ah! The memories!

CabalKrusher ... @CabalKrusher
22 August, 09:09
80's was the best! miss those days ..

Velvet S Angel @VelvetsAngel
22 August, 08:08
We didn’t have streetlights, but basically somehow you ended up at home when it got dark. We played outside, rode horses bikes and go carts, used real
axes and saws to cut paths through the woods and build forts and tree houses. We didn’t need to be coddled or watched over, it was the most amazing time to grow up.

22 August, 08:26
In response Velvet S Angel to her Publication
When we (my buds and I) were 12 and 13 years old, we used to walk into the general store in our home town WITH shotguns in our hands, and buy shot shells to walk thru town with the guns/ammo to go squirrel hunt. Poor boys couldn't afford a box of shells so the store owner would sell them to us individually for ¢.50 each. We could all afford to buy two or three and that was enough for a success story for squirrel. If not, we always found plenty of tactical stumps, strategically tossed cans into the river to shoot from the bridge as they passed beneath us floating...but nary a single unspent shell ever made it home. We even used to be able to bike all over and gather soft drink bottles to redeem for a dime each for those shells mentioned!

22 August, 08:02
Boys from the 70's...do you remember why we jumped out bikes like this?I do, we watched all his stuff!