John Atkison @Duende
04 October, 10:05
"I want to speak to you about the reason store shelves are emptying and why parts of the United States are dealing with scarcities of all kinds. Some of it has to do with the prolonged shutdown of our economy that literally broke the links in our supply chains.

Much of it has to do with the trucking industry that has been ignored, slighted, taken for granted and over regulated, to the point there are not enough trucks and truckers to offload hundreds of cargo ships waiting offshore of our ports throughout the nation.

The supply chain breakage was exaggerated by way of a triple whammy of the COVID-19 lockdown as it affected truckers. Deliveries were eliminated to stores and facilities that were closed.

The truckers had a hard time finding eateries and bathrooms on the road. And too many truckers ended up getting paid more for staying home with their families rather than going to work."

https://newspress.com/amer...

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Mary Wolfe @MaryWolfe
04 October, 11:43
In response John Atkison to his Publication
Ok, I come from a family of truckers, along with having many friends. There has NOT been a shortage of truckers. Nope, not at all. Sadly, when the rumors were flying that the "reason" there was a food shortage was because there were not enough truckers to transport. We have been trying to get out the info for months that there are PLENTY of truckers (unless they work for Walmart - Walmart mistreats their truckers and they leave, so THEY will have a shortage, lol). We have been trying to let people know that it is because of a lack of GOODs.

Now, as for the regulations and all you mention here - yes, that is for those who own their own rigs. They have had a very hard time trying to make ends meet. But there are still plenty of companies who are fulfilling the transportation needs. My heart goes out to the private owners. My son wants to buy his own truck so he and his girl can co-drive, but I am trying to get him to see what is going on in that area.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
John Atkison @Duende
05 October, 04:01
In response Mary Wolfe to her Publication
Thanks for the information.

In your opinion, Is the lack of goods caused partly by the fact that there are numerous container ships off the coast of Southern California waiting to unload at either the ports of Los Angeles or Long Beach?

The other factor might be what's going on in China with the closure of some of their biggest ports. I wonder...

Mary Wolfe @MaryWolfe
Yes, as I said in my earlier post - these truckers are "boots on the ground" so to speak. They have kept their eyes on what is going on - along with t.r.o.o.p movements (I key it that way when I text them, lol - keep the key words from being noticed :D ) as well as what is going on coast to coast. One of my very dear friends worked at the LA shipyard for several years. She finally left a few months ago and moved to a nice, country home in the middle of the good ol USA. One of her co-workers was filming covertly how the shipping containers that used to be piled high was getting less and less. She showed the massive decrease in the containers on the ground as opposed to how it used to be. It was then that we realized that goods were not being brought in. Were we ever surprised when the next thing we knew, there was a trucker "shortage". We were like, no there wasn't. So, yes, this has actually been going on for many months now - less and less goods.
10:34 PM - Oct 05, 2021
In response John Atkison to his Publication
Only people mentioned by MaryWolfe in this post can reply
John Atkison @Duende
05 October, 11:00
In response Mary Wolfe to her Publication
Thanks for the additional information on the container situation. Would you say that the decrease in container coming primarily due to China "shutting down" or is this more a global phenomenon involving numerous countries?