--- Shewie donated @AngelsNamed
07 April, 11:48
and it starts when you put a baby in a crib at just a week old to 'cry it out' at night so you can get your sleep. Then when you hit or 'spank,' and when you yell. Raising a child should be with mature guidance.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Hope Always888 @HopeAlways888
07 April, 12:00
In response --- Shewie to her Publication
Very true. I was always judged for my parenting by my sister. She had her children in her 20s. I was in my 40s. I didn't have my children 'cry it out'. I held them and nurtured them. Because I worked, if they woke up crying in the middle of the night, they slept in my bed until they felt secure to go in their own beds. They grew up knowing that they were my world and very loved. They know that their lives made my life complete.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
07 April, 12:13
In response Hope Always888 to her Publication
Being a child from a very neglectful, physically and emotionally abusive parents, I see a huge difference between people raised like I was and people that felt they were born in a safe place to live. It is wonderful that you've given this to your children. I also was in my 40's when I became a mom and have done everything differently. It is amazing how kids that feel safe love their parents. I never felt that way with mine. Of course I'd obey but that was out of fear not love or understanding of why I was obeying. Nothing was explained to me and there was no guidance. It was either physical abuse or shame, blame and left to feel inadequate.

Hope Always888 @HopeAlways888
I grew up with very tough discipline and lived in fear from age 1-11. I didn't feel safe until 6pm when my Dad came home from work and on the weekends. My dad was the one who made me feel safe and loved. Sadly I married a man who was the victim of a very violent crime. My children have had to deal with ptsd and a dad who struggles everyday with the effects of his trauma. I am praying that they take the positives from their childhood and learn like I did. The worst part about these last 7-8 years has been dealing with him. I just pray we get through these times as a family together. If things get better where we can go our own ways it might be best . . . It's very hard to live with and I pray every day for GOD to show me what He wants.
12:30 PM - Apr 07, 2024
In response --- Shewie to her Publication
Only people mentioned by HopeAlways888 in this post can reply
07 April, 06:04
In response Hope Always888 to her Publication
It is so hard when you fear for your life as a child who's totally vulnerable to an adult. I know so many people that have been raised this way through fear to control them. That generation of parents was just so dysfunctional and programmed by society, drs, their parents coming from the great depression living in near starvation.Now as an adult you're doing so well for your kids and it seems so many people that have had that trauma are doing better for their kids. We refuse to let our kids know what it feels like to not be loved by their parents as it should be.

I'm sorry your husband has had to go through that and it really does take a lifetime to heal from something as scary as a violent crime. My heart goes out to you but sounds like you're surrounding yourself with love and that will heal everything over time.