SomethingAboutJohn @SomethingAboutJohn
04 April, 03:42
"The biggest story of spring 1999 was the New York Senate race looming in 2000. Longtime senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan was retiring. Hillary Clinton had been visiting New York a lot lately. Would she run for the Senate? Speculation abounded.

John and I argued over the possibility. He insisted that she would, that she was making all the moves one would make before announcing a candidacy. ... John ... was so convinced he was right, he bet me $100 that Hillary would throw her hat in the ring.

John was more than interested in Hillary's political maneuvers; he was irritated. He thought Hillary was demeaning the role of First Lady by covertly running for Senate while insisting that her New York forays were necessitated by White House duties. She was tainting a nonpartisan job with partisan activities. ..."

(cont.)

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
SomethingAboutJohn @SomethingAboutJohn
cont.)

'I want to say something about it," John said. Specifically, he wanted to write a New York Times op-ed slamming Hillary's 'abuse' of her position. ...

After sleeping on it, John chose to keep his peace."

--Richard Blow, writer/ed. for George, in his memoir, "American Son"
03:45 AM - Apr 04, 2024
In response SomethingAboutJohn to her Publication
Only people mentioned by SomethingAboutJohn in this post can reply

No replys yet!

It seems that this publication does not yet have any comments. In order to respond to this publication from SomethingAboutJohn , click on at the bottom under it