Anuenue Patriot @Anuenue
26 March, 12:54
Apocalypse 1:9. “I, John, who am your brother and companion, signifies those who are in the good of charity and hence in the truths of faith. That the Apostle John represented those who are in the good of charity, was said above; and they who are in the good of charity are also in the truths of faith, since charity is the soul and life of faith. Hence John calls himself the brother and companion of those in the church to whom he writes, for he wrote to the seven churches. By a brother in the spiritual sense of the Word is meant one who is in the good of charity; and by a companion, one who is hence in the truths of faith. For by charity all are as it were kindred, but by faith neighbors: for charity conjoins; not so faith, unless it is from charity. When faith is from charity, the charity then conjoins, and the faith consociates: and because they make one, for that reason the Lord commanded that they should all be brethren; for He says,

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Anuenue Patriot @Anuenue
One is your teacher, Christ; and all ye are brethren (Matt. xxiii. 8). The Lord also calls those brethren who are in the good of charity, or in good of life. He said, My mother and my brethren are these who hear the Word of God, and do it (Luke viii. 21; Matt. xii. 49; Mark iii. 33-35). By mother is meant the church, and by brethren, they who are in charity; and because the good of charity is a brother, the Lord therefore calls those who are in it brethren, also in Matt. xxv. 40; and therefore also the disciples (Matt. xxviii. 10; John xx. 17). But we do not read that the disciples called the Lord brother, because a brother is good which is from the Lord. This is comparatively as with a king, a prince, and a nobleman, who call their relatives and neighbors brothers; but still the latter do not call them so in return: for the Lord says, One is your teacher, Christ, but all ye are brethren (Matt. xxiii. 8); also, Ye call Me Master
12:54 PM - Mar 26, 2024
In response Anuenue Patriot to her Publication
Only people mentioned by Anuenue in this post can reply
Anuenue Patriot @Anuenue
26 March, 12:55
In response Anuenue Patriot to her Publication
and Lord, and ye say well, for I am (John xiii. 13). The sons of Israel called all brethren who were from their father Jacob, and in a wider sense those also that were from Esau; but those who were not from them they called companions.”

— The Divine Revelation of the New Jerusalem: Expanded Edition (Hyperlinked Works of Emanuel Swedenborg Book 1) by Emanuel Swedenborg
https://a.co/0ZUmgCh

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396