Yankee Carolyn @YankeeCarolyn
Happy Friday everyone.
This afternoon I'm going to plant my ass on the couch and pig out on the internet until the sun goes down, make dinner, and then probably curl up in bed and surf some more.
I don't go out. I'm almost 54 so night time activities aren't in my reality anymore, and that's exactly how I like it.
My two teenage sons will be in their rooms playing games, watching videos, and coding videos. Whatever the hell it is they do in their own private spaces/ free time.
This is life now. Life in the last 4 years or so. Battening down the hatches, so to speak, as the storm blows over. Watching, waiting, looking, being vigilant for only God-knows-what else could happen.
I really do sometimes feel like these kids are growing up in a war; just so far [knock on wood] there aren't actual bombs dropping.
Every parental decision is a big, deep consideration now, and it's a heavy place.
03:32 PM - Jan 12, 2024
Only people mentioned by YankeeCarolyn in this post can reply

No replys yet!

It seems that this publication does not yet have any comments. In order to respond to this publication from Yankee Carolyn, click on at the bottom under it