Kris Williams @KrisWilliams
How many people had a Big wheel or a skate board? Bike or scooter? Did you make your own ramps and how many busted up knees do you remember?
02:38 PM - Aug 30, 2023
Only people mentioned by KrisWilliams in this post can reply
Bring Back the Fighting SIQUX @Terrapin
30 August, 04:29 (E)
In response Kris Williams to her Publication
I had a bike, skate board and big wheel. All were tickets to freedom. I remember the big wheel very well, but my buddy had a Green Machine. I tried not to be jealous, but what a ride!

https://www.youtube.com/wa...
Marx Green Machine Commerical - YouTube

1970's commercial for Marx Toys' "Green Machine."

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
30 August, 04:33
In response Bring Back the Fighting SIQUX to his Publication
I remember that Green Machine, yeah that was a sweet ride! Very cool!!!

I think one year, if I remember correctly, there was a bunch of kids in the Spring parade that did the Big Wheels. It was hilarious, but I bet they had a lot of fun!

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
All Right @ALL_RIGHT
30 August, 04:52
In response Bring Back the Fighting SIQUX to his Publication
Road my big wheel until the back wheels fell apart. You are right, Green Machine was better and I was totally jealous of my friends that had them.

The Real Me @TheRealMe
30 August, 04:11
Loved my big wheel! Skateboard too. Funny story, my friend and I were skateboarding down a big hill and she fell and hurt her elbow. She was sitting on the ground crying and I lost my balance and came off the board but managed to not fall. Arms and legs flying but I didn’t fall. She quit crying and started laughing because I looked like a scarecrow. 😂😁

30 August, 04:24
In response The Real Me to her Publication
That is a Great story!!! TY for sharing!!! Makes for a Great Memory!!!

Ken Ziegenfus @Woken67
30 August, 04:10
What about the Banana seat bicycle? 🤣🤣🙏🏻

30 August, 04:18
In response Ken Ziegenfus to his Publication
Had a Huffy... but I didn't like the girls bike, I wanted the boys bikes, they were much cooler!

arba happihr @arba
30 August, 04:20
Aloha
Damn that is a way back there
long time ago 😊

Lydia Fahsholtz donated @Oleendee
30 August, 03:53
I'm really old.
What is a Big Wheel?😕
Never mind. I'll look it up.

30 August, 04:07
In response Lydia Fahsholtz to her Publication
Sorry, you cracked me up! I thought pretty much everyone knew. My bad!

Royal Raven @Royalraven
30 August, 04:07
In response Lydia Fahsholtz to her Publication
Big Wheel Commercial 1978 by Marx | 1970s Toy Ad - YouTube

Big Wheel Commercial 1978 by Marx For generations the Big Wheel has been a family favorite in providing children's fun play and development of early learning...

Royal Raven @Royalraven
30 August, 03:35 (E)
I had roller skates with a key, ice skates, Krazy Kar (may be why I get car sick to this day)a cheap plastic orange skate board, and a banana seat on my bike ( very 70's!)
My little brother had the big wheel.

Ken Ziegenfus @Woken67
30 August, 03:30
Yes I did both. I ran the big wheel until the wheels wore thru! Then we patched it ran it some more! Lol

30 August, 03:32
Yeah we did that too!😊

Mike Allen Good and Green donated @QballAnon1776
30 August, 03:29 (E)
Had a red and blue big wheel, slime green color scooter, sidewinder skateboard and a bike. Tried to build ramps. Would have to rebuild after every launch. Constant scars. Technically a millennial but i dont identify as one. 1 year over and was definitely not raised as one. i am betting the sidewinder is still in my moms garage somewhere. gunna have to go dig around after work

30 August, 03:48
In response Mike Allen Good and Green to his Publication
I hope you find it, even if only for a chuckle!

Paula Taylor @paulamjohns
30 August, 03:21
My boys had big wheels - and they loved them - a few scrapes that I remember - but nothing to keep them from riding them like maniacs - my youngest is 40

30 August, 03:27
In response Paula Taylor to her Publication
41 and rode like a maniac😂😂

Myra Raney @myralynnr
30 August, 03:19
No. I busted my knees up as an adult, falling!

30 August, 03:49
In response Myra Raney to her Publication
Ouch!

Whites QWall donated @QTip75
30 August, 03:18 (E)
One of my earliest memories was my Big Wheel. Got it on my bday, Xmas. Couldn't ride it until spring. I sk8'd after watching Back To The Future. Gift from my mom, she found one at a thrift sale I believe. Blue plastic. The Ripper was my first "pro" skateboard from Powell Peralta. Skated for 8 years non-stop after that. The good-ol days.

Used to make ramps and fun boxes. Lots of scraps but no broken bones except for when I carried a friend's skateboard home for him while riding my bike.

30 August, 03:50
In response Whites QWall to his Publication
You will remember that forever! Great memory share though!

Wethe People-UltraMAGA @StormWatcher_17
30 August, 03:12
I remember I had permascabs for a period of like 10 years, if you didn't come home with a new injury every night, you didn't play hard enough😜

30 August, 03:17
In response Wethe People-UltraMAGA to his Publication
Oh my, I can just imagine that! I bet your mom or dad or sibling saw you coming and had the medical supplies ready! 😊

arba happihr @arba
30 August, 02:51
Knee injury on skate board
I was 13 never forget it.
I was cured! 😂
Skate boards had just come out.
I remember paying $5.
I was so thrilled to get one 😊
$5 was like a $100. back then
for my household.
We had penny candy too 😂😂
Pennies aren't even pennies any more😊

30 August, 03:31
In response arba happihr to her Publication
miss my penny candy store

Sierra Victor @sv_patriot
30 August, 02:49
Not exactly the same but kinda....still have scars on both knees from trying to ride (and steer) a little red wagon down a very steep, dirt hill. 🤪

30 August, 02:51
In response Sierra Victor to her Publication
Oh yikes, yeah we did that with sledding too! Once had a family sled and all the neighborhood kids tie on or hold on to individual sleds, and we sled down a golf course hill! Huge pile up at the bottom and some got hurt, but it was all good fun, until the moms said no more!