Laurie Sunshine @HeavenlySunshine2022
From Cooking with Love on Telegram

"It took me 36 years to find out that if you put strawberries in glass jars, they last forever!😳These ones, no word of a lie, are over 3 weeks old. From the superstore. I'm lucky if I get them to last 5 days before they start to turn when I buy them from there. I don't know who else knows this trick but if you don't, you're welcome! ~ Kris Potter
09:08 PM - Apr 24, 2023
Only people mentioned by HeavenlySunshine2022 in this post can reply
wht 2.0 @wht
24 April, 10:25 (E)
In response Laurie Sunshine to her Publication
If I can't buy stuff in glass I'll often relocate to glass jars at home.

I keep all my glass jars and tops .. whether Mason or not. Wash them real good. Even strip the labels off when I've time.

Always store stuff in glass as much as possible.

When I open a can of diced tomatoes and only use some I'll relocate to glass and keep in fridge .. etc

Never done the strawberries in jars though. I'll have to give it a try though I generally freeze my fruit for storage.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
25 April, 07:19
In response wht 2.0 to his Publication
I love the glass jars....stopped using plastic storage containers;)

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Carol Roberts @InHisHolyName
24 April, 10:24
Did you know lettuce stays crisp and lasts longer if you cut off the bottom, wrap the bottom in a paper towel and put in a zip top bag. Lasts 2-3 weeks in fridge.
If you cut a bit off the bottom of asparagus and stand them up in a jar in the fridge they last longer without the tips drying out. Same for celery.
😇

25 April, 07:30
In response Carol Roberts to her Publication
Thanks for the great tips ;)

UM EK17 Q1111 @GaDawg3
24 April, 10:21
Thank you. Right on time. Went to a strawberry farm today and picked 9 lbs of strawberries with the grand daughter.

25 April, 09:06
In response UM EK17 Q1111 to his Publication
Grandchildren are fabulous.......I have an almost 2yr. old grandson......
I nicknamed him, Dimples (He got em from me).

In about 7 weeks, I'm gonna have a granddaughter ;)))

Law & Physics @physics171
24 April, 10:08
Also cut up veggies, premade salads last much longer, amazing really.
Make larger meals and store in mason jars in the fridge.
Cut up other fruit and use mason jars.
LOVE MASON JARS.
😃💜
Refrigerate.

24 April, 10:23

Notice: Undefined variable: text_temp in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 175
Keep sauces, dressing off, just simply the vegetables till ready to eat.

24 April, 10:07
Possibly last longer adding water to the bottle.
Avocados skins on, in water, mason jars.

Refrigerate.

24 April, 10:06
Hey, Precious, Victor. You're one of my favorites on here. ;)))

Patriot Fury ⭐⭐⭐ @QFlagPin
24 April, 10:03
Hot tip! Thank you.

24 April, 10:04
In response Patriot Fury ⭐⭐⭐ to his Publication
You're welcome ;)

Storm Tracker @stormtracker66
24 April, 09:36
Does the glass jar have to be air tight (like in canning) and do you have to refrigerate them? Never heard of this. It will come in handy for my Family. Thanks for the information! 😄👍😄

24 April, 09:39
In response Storm Tracker to his Publication
I don't boil and can....just put in the glass jar and put both pieces on....and refrigerate.....works like a charm.....I also put celery in water and do the same....it lasts way longer.....

Mikkee Writelikeitis @Mikkee
24 April, 09:22
I use this trick to keep them fresh. It really does work but you mustn't wash them.

24 April, 09:27
In response Mikkee Writelikeitis to her Publication
Wash as you use them ;)