Sneakers 359 @Sneakers359
WHAT? NO PRESIDENT?
February 28

When told that our Society has no president having authority to govern it, no treasurer who can compel the payment of any dues, . . . our friends gasp and exclaim, "This simply can't be. . . ."

TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 132

When I finally made my way to A.A., I could not believe that there was no treasurer to "compel the payment of dues." I could not imagine an organization that didn't require monetary contributions in return for a service. It was my first and, thus far, only experience with getting "something for nothing." Because I did not feel used or conned by those in A.A., I was able to approach the program free from bias and with an open mind. They wanted nothing from me. What could I lose? I thank God for the wisdom of the early founders who knew so well the alcoholic's disdain for being manipulated.
10:14 AM - Feb 28, 2023
Only people mentioned by Sneakers359 in this post can reply
Jim Johnson @JimJinky
28 February, 10:28
In response Sneakers 359 to his Publication
Totally agree. Sober since 1984 with the selfless help I found through AA and its members. Quite a success living in Scotland.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396