Awake Elf @Awake_Elf
14 August, 10:37
wooohoo the first 4 snow peas for the season (to make it inside lol), gardeners right to eat treats in the garden haha thought Id share these ones 💚

Thanks Mother Nature 🌱

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Oliver Jaxson @Jennifer_ojs
14 August, 11:06
In response Awake Elf to her Publication
😍Wow, your veg is beautiful! It is honestly a magazine worthy photo! 👏👏Your swiss chard looks amazing, as does everything else. Enjoy your hard work! 🍏🥕🍎
I have meant to ask you how your son is feeling. I hope he is 100% better now. 🌺

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Awake Elf @Awake_Elf
14 August, 11:31
In response Oliver Jaxson to her Publication
Thank you so much, I am so grateful to be able to garden and grow some of our food.

Thanks for asking about my son, he is doing much better, I have included some pre and probiotics and some herbal remedies to help his digestive system and so fsr so good, also increased his water intake, being winter he wasnt drinking as much as usual.

Hope you have a beautiful day :)

14 August, 12:40
That is fantastic to read your son is feeling so much better. 🙏🏻 He is so fortunate to have you for his mom.
I am growing very little in my garden right now-mostly herbs. I am trying to get used to all the critters. Poisonous snakes are especially my worry here. In Germany, I had a nice little veg/herb garden, but never had to worry about snakes. I gotta get passed that fear! I love growing my own food! 🌼 It is so gratifying to harvest and grow your own. 🙂

Awake Elf @Awake_Elf
15 August, 12:42
💚 Thank you for your kind words.

Ehat country are you living in now? we have heaps of venemous snakes here in Oz, I actually moved from a place that had too many tiger snakes as they were in my veggie beds and stalking my dogs and in summer theyd hang out in my outisde toilet/laundry and I woukd get chased by them!

Growing food is so rewarding, I have collected so many seeds the last few years, trying to grow a lot of medicinal herbs for the first time, I have a mini greenhouse and notoced yesterday that mugwort has germinated, I am excited to see that grow :)

We moved back to the States last year (lived a very long time in Germany). I grew up around snakes and poisonous ones, too, but hadn't had any worries about them for so long! I had to look up a tiger snake - oh my! We had a black snake hanging around here for a while. I didn't mind him. My husband had read the black racer keeps other snakes away, so he was a welcome snake. 🤣 My neighbor's little girl was bitten by a baby copperhead and that freaked me out. You are so brave! I mean that sincerely! Happy to read you moved away from the place that had an over population of them. A greenhouse is what I would love to build. And a mini size would be enough for us too. That is so cool you are growing mugwort! I definitely look forward to seeing more of your veg/herb pictures when you share them. My happy place is a farmers market. The color, smells, perception of the time and care that went into each veg/fruit/flower - it is a very holistic experience. 🍏🍒🥕🍎🌱🌼
Have a blessed day!🌺
09:08 AM - Aug 15, 2022
Only people mentioned by Jennifer_ojs in this post can reply
Awake Elf @Awake_Elf
15 August, 10:49
I love farmers markets, it really is the ONLY reason I miss living in the city. Sadly our town is too small to host them.

Awake Elf @Awake_Elf
15 August, 10:48
We have many venomous snakes here but tigers are really grumpy and will chase and attack where as ones like dugites tend to be shy and take off.

If we only had pythons I wouldnt be so worried lol

It is just a cheap one like in this pic, off ebay to get a jump start on Spring and summer planting, its working well, I just added bricks in the bottom and tied it down so it doesnt take off in the wind lol

I dream of a large farm and being as self sufficient as possible, living in a country town is way better than the city and we are on 1/4 acre so its a decent size but middle of no where with no neighbours and lots of land to grow good and raise animals is my dream :)

I will take more pics of my garden and share :) Id love to see what you are growing.

16 August, 06:00
You made me laugh with your 'if only they were Pythons' remark! Yep, you are brave! For veg gardening, I am planning to take some classes with a local lady. She is extremely self sufficient and grows/raises just about everything. There is so much I need to learn, especially in a new growing climate. We have only been in our house a few months, so all my gardening is done in pots right now. And I am in a hurricane prone area, so I have to think about that too. I love your little greenhouse and it would, for sure, be great to get seedlings started. I need to start growing sprouts too. They are so expensive to buy and I love, love, love 'em! Do you grow chili peppers too? We had so many in Germany. We only had two friends that would take them (they were hot)! 🤣 I think my husband grew around 11 varieties and they were beautiful. A big farm would be amazing. That is how I grew up. No neighbors, except Grandma! When everything changes, I imagine this for us.😘🌺🙏🏻