MATTHEW Bissanti @markerdragon
tlove, [5/17/2022 8:27 AM]
[Forwarded from The Awakened Species ☀️]
[ Photo ]
Onement VI is a painting which sold for a price of $43.84 million.

I bet you're thinking who in the world would pay 43m for this painting that you can DIY for 30$.

Allow me to explain how this goes.

*Millionaire makes $43m in 2022

*He hires an artist to make "art" for $25k

*Artist puts one streak on canvas.

*Millionaire thanks artist, and has art appraised by an appraiser who is in his same circle of friends.

*Appraiser values artwork at $43m

*Millionaire donates $43m artwork to museum to get $43m tax written off

*Millionaire pays no taxes in 2022.

*Me at museum: This is literally stupid, it's just a line on a canvas.

*Person next to me: No, you just don't understand it because you're uncultured..

🤡 🌎

Join awakenedspecies
09:30 AM - May 17, 2022
Only people mentioned by markerdragon in this post can reply
Phil Collins @G_Hard_Joe
17 May, 10:38
In response MATTHEW Bissanti to his Publication
Tracy Emin sold this for 6 million, they use Book Deals too big payments small costs

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Carole Davis-Z @Tallyho
17 May, 09:48
Just like Carl Andres bricks... I saw that when I was an art student - I thought it was a stupid pile then, I still do.

'Fine' artists are just con men... they have a line of bullshit they use to reel in the egos of the facile and weakminded.

Art should illuminate, should make the viewer feel strongly, it should make the world better by its existence.

This, and the pile of bricks, is nothing but cynicism, debasement of art.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Silver Cat @silvercat
17 May, 09:48
A lot of abstract art is crap. A lot of it is great! However, the pricing is purely arbitrary. The scam has been going on since the end of WWll.
If you wish to "invest" in any art, please refrain from doing so.
Buy only what you would like to see hanging on your wall everyday.
Investing in antiques is more sensible; clear markets exist for this.

Carol Roberts @InHisHolyName
17 May, 09:34
Exactly 💯! The scams of the "elite" are just that, scams. Hunter "crackhead" Biden played this scam well.