Martin Geddes @martingeddes
In the renewal of America (on firmer supports), does this mean a spiritual refounding is needed?
- That "the way" should define the churches, and not the other way around? This includes humility that not all in the church adhere to "the way", and not all "on the way" are in a church?
- That baptism isn't just a "getting wet to cheaply wash away sin", but is a lifelong commitment to be willing to be persecuted (up to losing one's life) in order to do the right thing, and be accountable for this?
- That churches should be institutions that are accountable for outcomes and learning from mistakes (so those muzzles and jabs indicate a deeper failure)?
- That there are new spiritual founding fathers (and mothers?) as well as political and social ones?
- That the ambition is not just reformation or restoration, but a fuller refounding?
- That churches organise around being willing to sacrifice and be persecuted (and resist together), and not respectable establishment comforts?
09:44 AM - May 01, 2022
Only people mentioned by martingeddes in this post can reply
TheBest isYet2Come @Candidiam17
01 May, 12:19
In response Martin Geddes to his Publication
Martin, we don't need any more churches... whether by way of a "location" to gather... or as a body of peoples.... because the truth is that we are All the Church.... under one Creator... and the gathering place was already created long before Babylonians created all these re-Legions.... and later used energy generators as structures called "Church/Temple/Synagogue/Mosque". The problem is that until the truth is known people will need that "right" of "freedom of religion"... but once they know they'll be happy not to write checks to this s-c-a-m. And like you said... practicing faith means to stand up and be counted... and not a follower by title....

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Ice Kates donated @IceKates
01 May, 12:18
Refounding ~ I love it
New foundations built on truth and not man's ego.
Hold the churches accountable that is good point.
I believe if we had churches for socializing, community improvement, and more focused on how to live in harmony rather than how not to live in sin finger pointing shame they'd make a difference.

Where two or more are gathered. We have church right here on AU.
I have church with my husband as we go down to the river to pray.

God is going to show us His refoundation plan :)

Have a blessed beyond measure kind of day Martin !

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Brian Strong @Silverbug777
01 May, 12:01
Joe M spoke of "The Way" years ago and it resonated with me bigly. 🤗 The Way, The Truth, and The Life. I have been blessed with what I believe to be a good teacher for many years but even he didnt have enough real truth. We have a long way to go.

Paula Taylor @paulamjohns
01 May, 11:57
well said and just like our government the churches should be made up of the people...not any organized religion

Age of Enlightenment @Sparrows
01 May, 11:46
Indeed!

Texas Cowgal @Texascowgal
01 May, 10:21
We go to church. Hebrews 10:25
“Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.”
The “church” is the people. The “day” is approaching.” It’s not a building. It’s not rituals. It should not be legalistic. Baptism by water is a sign of obedience to God that you will WANT to do, not something you have to do. Baptism by the spirit is imperative because that is Jesus's spirit coming to dwell inside of you. No unsaved man can understand any of this until they truly give their life to God and are reborn, a new person. We come like children. We start learning. We seek and finally understand now. We go to the assembly to learn and be with other Christians. If a pastor is not preaching straight from the Bible and through the spirit of God, Christians know. It’s a “spiritual” change in us. Repentance is asking for forgiveness and accepting God. New person. New slate. We are truly awake.

Texas Cowgal @Texascowgal
01 May, 10:27
In response Texas Cowgal to her Publication
There are people that go to church every time the doors open. They may not even be saved. That doesn’t give folks a pass to not go to learn. The rest of the time, people should become an example, not a stumbling block, for others. God’s guidance and direction is spiritual. We still go through storms and persecution but God is in us.

Suzanne C. 575 donated @Sepia3c
01 May, 10:03
The journey back to God, is a solitary experience, I think. No church for me...

Lauren M Bradley @Lauren_M_Bradley
01 May, 09:46
Fook a church Id rather meet with frens on the beach with food and have service there
=)

Only followers of this user (Kat113) can see their posts