Made In America @eyes_on_justice
Creative ways to garden. Look around your house, see what you have and start planting. Several pics and ideas.
06:53 PM - Apr 08, 2022
Only people mentioned by eyes_on_justice in this post can reply
Moira Ronain @Redsquirrel
10 April, 08:02
In response Made In America to her Publication
after living in Japan i lstaeted reusing objects around the house for everything. it also stimulates crwativity. 😍

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Ellen Perricci @perriccie
10 April, 03:59
I LOVE THESE!
THANK YOU!
I've got those kinds of 'milk crates' w/ the empty water jugs (spray w/ white vinegar b/f recapping to prevent mildew) in them just waiting for repurposing.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
10 April, 09:38
In response Ellen Perricci to her Publication
You can never go wrong with vinegar, can you??? It's just a household staple, good for soooo many things. Those little milk crates come in sooooo handy. I line mine with newspaper, cardboard, black ground cover, whatever I have on hand at the time. The newspaper lasts through the growing season before it breaks down, but that's fine. I used to ask my neighbors to save me their copy of the newspaper, but now everything is online, so I just use the contents of my paper shredder. There's more junk mail than I need anyway.

Whites QWall donated @QTip75
09 April, 10:51
if you have a garden outside, you could plant food around the edges for the deer and bunnies etc and plant the food you want for family in the middle of the garden. A friend taught me that.

I love all these creative ways to grow food. I think I’ll start some micro green this year.

09 April, 11:12
In response Whites QWall to his Publication
That's a very good idea. I know we have a whole family of bunnies under our shed. Keeping them out of my garden is a full time job, even with the dogs around. I don't want to hurt them because there's lots of babies and they need to eat too. Great idea. Why didn't I think of that?

Lily B.... @LilyB
09 April, 09:14
Oh! I have one of those unused and in storage. I used it in my classroom as a student cell phone holder. I do have a garden but this looks really interesting.😀

09 April, 10:00
In response Lily B.... to her Publication
I've picked them up at garage sales for .50. Last year I used them for strawberries and spinach. They did so well, I just picked up two more and will expand my spinach. Herbs would do really good in these two. The only problem I had was the grommets holding the weight of the soil and plants, so I had to run strong string through the grommet holes. I love the fact I can attach these right to fencing. Keeps the rabbit out of my stuff too.

09 April, 10:28
In response Lily B.... to her Publication
Lol. I found all kinds of uses for these bags in the classroom. Never imagined using it as a planter until I saw it on pinterest a few years back.

Andromeda .....Z @mystic17
09 April, 07:02
Thank you.

09 April, 10:42
In response Andromeda .....Z to her Publication
You are welcome Andromeda.

Lauren ⭐⭐⭐ ✞ @Lauren_USA
08 April, 11:52
what is a good soil or brand with no chemicals in it?

09 April, 02:54
In response Lauren ⭐⭐⭐ ✞ to her Publication
I also save all my kitchen scraps and add to the soil. Potato peel, onion skins, coffee grounds, carrot skins, lint from the dryer, dog hair, cardboard, newspaper, junk mail (no dyes), etc. They really build your soil and saves on the amount of soil you have to buy.

Pink Totter @Totter
09 April, 02:59
In response Lauren ⭐⭐⭐ ✞ to her Publication
You'll have to read labels. Some are labeled organic, some have a little extra booster to get seeds started but not much more and some have a whole lotta chemicals. When I did a lot of gardening I would use the soil with a little booster for starting seeds, it was mild and would start giving fertilizer after a couple weeks. My 'fertilizer' was alpaca poo soaked in water... the water was added when I watered the plants.

Beck Step @BlonDDE45
08 April, 10:10
Just started planting vegetables in soda pop bottles using the hydrponic method. And started a bunch more in my garage as starters in soil. Guess we woll see what happens.

09 April, 02:47
In response Beck Step to her Publication
I love the soda bottle hydronic method. It really came in handy when I left town last year and was gone for a week. I didn't have to worry about watering.

Anuenue Patriot @Anuenue
08 April, 10:08
Love every idea!

arba happihr @arba
08 April, 09:09
I love the pictures. The Tires were really cool

08 April, 09:12
In response arba happihr to her Publication
My neighbor has hers on the ground, so I'm not sure how you'd finish out the bottom of the tires if you chose to put them on stands. Plywood maybe??? Tire planting is one thing I have not tried, but if I ever run across tires, I know where they're going.

08 April, 09:16
In response arba happihr to her Publication
Well............I'm hoping that just a little inspiration will get people starting to plant. I had spinach in just one shoe bag and had so much I had to freeze it. You'd be amazed how much just one shoe bag will produce. The spinach lasted until it got too hot, but still I had a bunch of it. I froze it for smoothies, eggs, and such.

Liberty Jennja @Jennja
08 April, 08:33
I've been replacing ornamental bushes with fruit trees for years and neighbors sometimes stop and tell me the orchard is looking good! Figure I'll have enough fruit to feed all of them if I ever need to, since none of them are awake. 🤣

08 April, 09:00
In response Liberty Jennja to her Publication
lol. I know. It sucks huh??? Trying to figure out how you're going to feed your family and families, family because they slept. I know.

arba happihr @arba
08 April, 09:09
In response Liberty Jennja to her Publication
When I was growing up my Mom would only plant things that you could get something out of. Fruit tree, Roses☺️
Im excited to hear how your switch goes☺️

Waiting4Home Anon @Waiting4Home
08 April, 08:10
A friend has aquaponics lettuce in the front entry..........
Cool stuff.

08 April, 09:01
In response Waiting4Home Anon to her Publication
the entryway? That's cool. Good sunlight.

KungFu Kelly donated @KungfuKelly
08 April, 08:09
Were those tomato plants in the 2 liter bottles?

08 April, 08:58
In response KungFu Kelly to her Publication
I do believe they were. I've never tried tomatoes upside down, but there's no reason it wouldn't work. I think at some point the plant would need to be moved because tomato roots are pretty big and they would outgrow the liter jug. Let's try it just to see if it works? I'll try 2 of my plants and report back. lol

Axiom8 Patriot @Axiom8
08 April, 07:22
we just closed on our new homestead... will be planting as much as we can.

08 April, 07:45
In response Axiom8 Patriot to her Publication
So happy for you. Plant, plant, plant.

CourtneyM *** donated @Courtm6444
08 April, 07:09
I have a lot of seeds. I plan on planting them tomorrow. p.s. I don’t have a green thumb. wish me luck. 😄

08 April, 07:15
In response CourtneyM *** to her Publication
Good for you. I have a lot of luck with egg shells, vinegar, Epsom salts. Don't be afraid to use them.

gcb 910 donated @gcb910
08 April, 07:00
Great ideas! Thanks!

gcb 910 donated @gcb910
Great ideas! Thanks!

gcb 910 donated @gcb910
Great ideas! Thanks!

08 April, 06:58
Never throw away your soda bottles, milk carton, juice container, etc. They make great containers for growing food.

Charlie Lost in the Woods⍟ donated @Quilibet
08 April, 07:01
I also have a huge collection of cans...coffee cans, bean cans, small large you name it. They are great to have if pots and pans become limited or dirty when the power goes out. Boil water, or even store leftovers till next meal. I know it sounds silly, but when water is scarce anything will work.