In response Robert Wakefield to his Publication
In the 50's
Houses cost between $6000 and $10,000
New cars were about $1500
Gasoline was about 18 cents a gallon.
Fruits and vegies cost cents/pound
Box of chocolates for $1.86

All US $.

My grandmother still had an ICE BOX in the 50's.

If people had a TV it was black and white.

People did math using arithmetic not calculators, No computers, Smart Phone, internet, WIFi.

Life sure was different.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Leesy Frank @LeesyFrank
27 March, 06:13
1. People realized that most did not need a college degree to be successful. The % of kids that went to 4 year university was much smaller. So - no student loan debt. (The corrupt 4 yr Universities became businesses & the US Govt & banks were all in on it. They convinced the world that everyone needs a 4 yr degree which is BS.)

2. Utility bills? No cable / TV bill. No cell phone bills. Making a long distance call was a BIG DEAL- only done in an emergency! Few credit cards so no loan shark interest bills, No day care bills (Mom is home).

3. STUFF? One car - pretty typical. Kids walk to and from school or take the school bus. One TV in the home. One telephone. Possibly a party line. Two - MAYBE three pair of shoes each. Wear hand-me-downs from siblings / cousins / neighbors. Homemade clothes not uncommon.

4. Morality. Divorce was rare. Unwed pregnancy results in marriage - men took responsibility for their own.

CAN this be done today?

YES ABSOLUTELY.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Truth Hunter @Silverado7Oro
27 March, 06:12
And a majority of these crazy capitalists attended church

Pike Bishop @Pike_Bishop
27 March, 05:06
Not farfetched in the 60s, either. I remember seeing Dads going off to work and school-aged children going off to school in the morning, while little pre-K punks like me got to stay at home with our moms. It was a wonderful time to be alive.

Women's Lib came along after that and things changed.