Godly Man @WWCUE
I’m seeing people struggling financially out here due to medical bills. I’ve been through this too. Let me try to help.

If you get a large medical bill from a hospital never, ever put that bill on a credit card. Let them manage it. If you can’t pay it…When they get tired of trying to collect it they will sell it to a debt collector.

You owe the debt collector $0… NOTHING. There is no contract between you and the debt collector. And the hospital was already paid. If they call just tell them thank you for paying your bill because that’s what they did.

Any debt for medical bills that goes unpaid NEVER goes against your credit and can’t be held against you in any way when applying for credit (according to my banker).

Folks, I pay my bills. But the hospitals, while they’re not trying to kill you, are trying to suck you dry. And if they can’t they’ll sell your debt to a low-life parasite who specializes in sucking blood. So, fuck them.
02:25 PM - Nov 11, 2023
Only people mentioned by WWCUE in this post can reply
LO_ Patriot @LO_Patriot
12 November, 07:06
In response Godly Man to his Publication
One more small, but important, tip to remember when the creditors or collection agencies come calling: All calls are recorded.

Never acknowledge that the debt is yours! Tell them you don't know what they're talking about or flat out deny you owe such money. Technically, you DON'T owe any collection agency anything, so remember that if you feel bad for "lying"! 😉

Don't apologize for not being able to pay or tell them you "might be able to pay something a bit later", etc. In doing so, you've acknowledged that the debt is yours. They're sneaky as all get out in ways to get you to say the wrong thing. It's best to keep calls short & speak as little as possible.

The credit reporting agencies have a certain number of years they can keep a debt listed. It varies by state, but generally 5-10 years. Every time you talk to a creditor/agency and acknowledge the debt, that clock resets! Best thing is never talk to them at all, if possible! 👍

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
POCO THUNDER @POCOTHUNDER
12 November, 02:56
YOU CAN ALSO ASK FOR AN ITEMIZED BILL TO LOOK FOR OVER PRICING LIKE $10 BANDAIDS & EXTRA CHARGES YOU CAN DISPUT THEM DOWN TO A VERY LOW BILL VERY LOW .. BUT I CANT REMEMBER HOW TO WORD IT TO THEM OR HOW YOUR ARE SUPPOSED TO SAY IT IED CHECK WITH A LAWER BUT YOU CAN DISPUTED FOR EVERYTHING BEING PRICED TO HIGH

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Rae Rae donated @JujuPatriot71
11 November, 07:49
This just happened to me - got a bill from a debt collector for a medical bill almost 7 years old. They were offering me a "deal."

I threw it in the trash. They got enough from my insurance which paid most of it.

Richie Richard @Richie
11 November, 07:48
You are correct. I work for a personal injury law firm. In the last 5 years medicals have exploded around 40% or higher. With low settlement values the client has to choose whether he wants to pay medicals or receive the money. Yes, they are turned over to collections, but as you stated, they are not obligated to the collectors. You might take a ding on your credit, but that too shall pass. The only thing you really are obligated to is to reimburse insurance, Medicare/Medicaid, and military insurances. Everhthing else is up to the client. Get a burner phone if you dont want to deal with the phone calls.

Rebecca Schoewe @Jenny1294
11 November, 06:09
I owed a high medical bill for mostly my kids. My son had spinal surgery and has 2 rods in his spine. I had good insurance but there's always out of pocket. They wanted my credit card. I told them I didn't have one which was a lie and then paid them $30 a month. They never sent it to collections. I was told they couldn't if you were regularly paying something. If it was thousands that I owed what you said sounds like the best bet to me. It's not right that you should go broke over medical bills. Don't feel the same about those that live the good life on credit cards then claim bankruptcy every 7 years. In the early 2000's recently divorced raising 2 kids alone my grocery budget was $20 a week for the 3 of us. Shopped the specials and went without a lot so I resent those that live the high life on money they don't have and don't intend to pay back.

Lisa Sistare @lsistare
11 November, 03:49
It went against my credit score. Maybe they are not suposed to but they do. The good thing is, the longer you wait to pay it the smaller the amount the debt collectors will settle for gets.

Godly Man @WWCUE
11 November, 07:47
In response Lisa Sistare to her Publication
My banker could see it, but then said, “by law I can’t hold that against you.” So, you should ask if it entered into the equation.

TxQ Vibes @txcuevibes
12 November, 08:34
In response Lisa Sistare to her Publication
just remember the number you see on whatever credit website is just that a number. when getting auto or house they pull all the reports and generate their own internal number(medical bills do not affect it in any way) as was stated above this industry is out to kill or drain you do your best to avoid both!!! Thank God they haven't found a way to monetize stroke survivors other than draining their insurance dry with physical therapy. I told my doctors to shove there ssris that they tried to get me hooked onwhere the sun doesn't shine and got a gym membership when insurance stopped paying for therapy!
💛

Ana McMurry @2GreenThumbs
11 November, 03:36
YOU just taught GREAT TRUTH, that MANY (MOST) people never knew. THANK YOU, THANK YOU. I'm sending You a BIG VIRTUAL HUG.

Dorothea Dankowski @DorotheaTN
11 November, 03:16 (E)
Or you could also be honest and tell them you can't afford it and they have programs that will pay them off. My husband got very sick a couple months before Covid. (He thinks he was an early case) He had no insurance at the time. They sent me an application and I filled it out. It paid 100% of the bill which was over $100,000. He had Sepsis Pneumonia. Now 14% lung capacity and on Disability.

Every Time @soTELLme533
11 November, 03:44 (E)
In response Dorothea Dankowski to her Publication
I agree that what you did works but only some of the time. It did work for me years ago. Then again, I've run into some real bad dudes. One doctor told me he was going to put a lean on my house. I told him I was going to tell the truth about him (which was pretty bad) and so he left me alone, but not before complaining to my mother who also went to him.
Then, after my mother died, we got a bill from him for an appointment that he claimed she had, but it was for a date AFTER she had died.
The wonderful medical profession in action!

Missy M.. donated @MissyM
11 November, 03:49
In response Dorothea Dankowski to her Publication
Sorry to hear about your husband, hope he is managing well. 🙏💖