Only people mentioned by VincentKennedy in this post can reply
Miss Shelly @IbowonlytoGod
23 October, 08:25
In response Vincent Kennedy⍟ to his Publication
My uncle did back in the 1940s in the upper peninsula of Michigan. He built three cabins on top of a hill overlooking a lake. Then he cut steps into th hill to walk up and down. They are still there today. The most beautiful knotty pine interior too.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Cindi Time For the Divine @OurHumanStory
16 August, 04:21
My parents started building their cabin in 1951 and finished in 1953 using the trees of the land. They hand stripped everything and back then there were no power tools like there are now. It was a huge job.

We now live in the cabin. Its over 70 years old. It's beautiful. We had to update the kitchen and bathroom in 2019 - put heated floors in both rooms. It is very cozy most of the year. However, it can be very cold in the winter near the mountains because the R value of the logs is low. I hope one day we can add an outside layer with a new fangled board that can help heat retention.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396

Only followers of this user (LindsayAtlantis18) can see their posts

Jimmie Rivers @JimmieRivers
16 August, 10:33
I didn't, but a buddy of mine did with the help of some Amish.

Suzanne C. 575 donated @Sepia3c
16 August, 02:38
Similar, but quite different, really. Shortly after my husband, and I were married, we bought, dismantled, and then transported to my parent's property in the county, a squared-off log house -now sitting empty; it's charm having been completely covered over by modern day siding. We had intended to rebuild the house for ourselves, however, shortly thereafter, my father died, and because of that our plans changed. The logs were eventually sold, and someone else took over, where we left off.

Paul Bruton @DrB
15 August, 11:03
😎

Truth Seeker 4444 donated @TruthSeeker4444
15 August, 10:43
Nope, way above my pay grade. But truth be told very, very cool....

Hyssop Cedar @Hyssop_Cedar
15 August, 10:23
We harvested birch from our property and had it milled locally, then took it to a local Amish man to make doors and trim! We had enough left over, he made a thick, laminated tabletop. Absolutely, beautiful.

Godly Man @WWCUE
15 August, 07:16
No, but I’ve been wanting to for 17 years now. Timing and location is everything and I have a builder/helper and a plan. The plan entails a humanitarian effort also.

Tiffany R369 @TiffanyR369
15 August, 05:00
I have relatives whom built their log home by themselves many years ago, with wood they milled from their property in Wyoming

Harold Holman @Lovewins88
15 August, 03:26
I harvested two old storm-damaged Cedar trees, to be be logged, milled, barn dried, and repurposed into a large home deck and my business furniture.

Vicki Lord @Vlord
15 August, 03:16
Not cutting trees, but a torn down 100 year old barn reconfigured, rebuilt pieces into a home. All parts used!

Auntie_M 369 @Auntie_M
15 August, 03:11
Video is 50 seconds long 💧50
Think mirror 💧5

Grace4 mankind @Grace4mankind
15 August, 03:07
Build a dream, I’d like to build a dream. Heal my family and provide them with a new, paid for, no maintenance home.

Auntie_M 369 @Auntie_M
15 August, 03:07
Timestamp 12:09 💧1209

Link in post:
http://wehoville.com/2018/...

Teresa Andersqn @2behonest50
15 August, 02:48
My friend's family built a beach house with trees left over from Hurrican Hugo that were destroyed on their land. They even made these beautiful countertops. It looks amazing.

mars 1776 donated @mars_1776
15 August, 02:48
When I lived in East TN, some of us from work would get together and cut pine logs to build play houses for our kids.

Your post did remind me of the Barnwood builders.

These guys reclaim existing log barns, and homes from 18th, 19th & 20th centuries and repurpose.

https://barnwoodliving.com...

Qpatriots 1776 @Qpatriots1776
15 August, 02:45
Sounds really cool.

Only followers of this user (Treetone) can see their posts

Mama Tee donated @MamaT
15 August, 02:42
It's on my wish list. A Western Red Cedar.

Angels Here -Z donated @SirHuckleberry
15 August, 02:19
Sweet!
Have a fren that build an all concrete home in Cookville. It was amazing. Walls floors whole house poured concrete. It was beautiful.
And the wold huffed and he puffed and huffed and puffed til he passed out.
Concrete home still standing Wolf not so much!

Whole house storm shelter.😊

Had a basement with a huge walk in vault with a door like 6 to 8 inches thick metal on it that looked like something out of an old bank that had "Fort Knox" imprinted on it in gold.

Guns, valuables and so forth. It was awesome!

Not this one but you get the idea.

Only followers of this user (CBear) can see their posts

Generica Persona - ONE VOICE donated @akalaurel
15 August, 01:30
friends out west have - beautiful you just want to touch the walls and in hale

Yester Vue @realyestervue
15 August, 01:00
Twice...on purpose. Best night's sleep I'll ever get is always WAY beyond what anything man makes can disturb the air and vibration. I slept so soundly off grid that I have literally been awakened by a mouse in some leaves below my bedroom window, outside while I slept inside. Oh, second time had a spring fed well and watered garden. Good times...fell asleep nightly to whooper-wills by the dozens and uncountable numbers of noisy amphibians locusts in the summers. But mornings in a forest are the best parts. You are blown out of bed by a screaming competition as far as you can hear into the distance, to be the first songs to fill the first light with those songs! All vegetation is drippy, wet, dew laden, and Amazon rain forest like from the amount of humidity in the air. And yeah, it's that fucking hot later that day for the same reason!
But to be in that pulse of LIFE is beyond description and must be lived to know it!

nuts11 nuts11 @nuts11
15 August, 01:04
In response Yester Vue to his Publication
Wow I pictured every word of this. Nice post I can really appreciate the build.

Only followers of this user (Froggie_2322) can see their posts

Only followers of this user (Froggie_2322) can see their posts

Spheroid Earther @SpheroidEarther
15 August, 12:52
Had one buddy do with lodgepole and and chainsaw mill. Had a client do it with commercial mill.

Spheroid Earther @SpheroidEarther
15 August, 01:04
In response Spheroid Earther to his Publication
Also helped a buddy who's building a little bug out cabin in the wilderness. 2 hour boat ride to the cabin. He's using store-bought materials. Here's a pic of the septic tank.

Beverly Hayes @beverly1111
15 August, 12:43
waiting for Hemp personally! Maybe on AIM! Prepared and sticking put here right now! 🥰🙏🏼

Shareef Twal @Hunnydrip
15 August, 12:34
52 you say?

Knock on wood.

12:09 > 129

Tick tock.

Janet DuPre @JDuprayforhumanity
15 August, 12:25
Very cool

Bee Bee @BxAx17
15 August, 12:23
I Wish
I love that 3 prong tree