Martin Geddes @martingeddes
A painful discovery has been how uncommon true friends are, and how easy it is to find enemies right beside you. I have been shocked by my inability to distinguish ally from foe. But at least I am wiser for it. Naive trust has been costly.
02:01 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Only people mentioned by martingeddes in this post can reply
Paula Taylor @paulamjohns
05 July, 07:54
In response Martin Geddes to his Publication
well, it may have seemed costly, but true friends are the prize

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Judy Anonette @biju
05 July, 07:47
We've all been there and done that. Trust in those who use us for whatever but are not the loyal friends you thought they were. You feel like you were blind but that comes from being a human looking out for others. We live and learn and when we are hurt we really learn, and it's hard to trust again.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Ely Piteda⭐️ @QGateKeeper
05 July, 06:57
So uncommon I haven t been hugged for years now . We have tough skin though and we can handle it

Royal Raven @Royalraven
05 July, 04:57
I've discovered I am both extroverted and introverted. I can talk comfortably with just about anyone but on the flip side I have a very small group of people I trust.

Carole Davis-Z @Tallyho
05 July, 07:54
In response Royal Raven to her Publication
I know what you mean.

In other words, we are adaptable, yet selective... quality over quantity.

Carole Davis-Z @Tallyho
05 July, 04:45
It shakes one to the core.

The disbelief lasts LONG after the relationship is over... and, there is a lingering sadness, that is hard to step away from.

We are not as easily fooled or used now, we will protect ourselves - we will not rely on 'the kindness of strangers', even when they seem to become fast friends.

Every interaction has the potential to show them for what they are.

We have become solitary, but, it is not a bad state to exist in.

Ken Ziegenfus @Woken67
05 July, 04:42
God bless you Martin for everything you have done for all of us! Peace be with you my Fren! 🙏🏻❤️🫶💯♾️💪🏻

Least Invasive Most Effective @antidote528
05 July, 04:40
Ditto... that aspect has been a shocker...

LightAngel9 ... @lightangel9
05 July, 04:38
Ditto Martin - so very sad but true!!! Stay strong Patriot!!! :)

Sarah Jones @MsSarah
05 July, 04:02
My family has stayed close thru all of this and for that i am truly grateful. People that I thought were my close friends scattered when I went thru a traumatic illness back in 2015. I find now that God, my hubby and my doggy are the ones who bring me joy. I really enjoy being able to come here and get away from the people who are not awake and still having trouble believing in any of what they see going on around them. It's quite frustrating, but I am so glad I get to visit with good people here. Good and honest salt-of-the-earth, beautiful inside and out men and women of God. ❤️❤️

NoVacks . . . @NoVacks
05 July, 03:38
A sad truth of this life, and something I know all to well. Until things get better, it’s table for one for me…

HTG TheolddoG @HTGthelapis
05 July, 03:33
🙏🙏🙏

Dianne Star @DiannePauline
05 July, 03:27
💖

Lauren M Bradley @Lauren_M_Bradley
05 July, 02:25
U know who loves U and your beautiful soul 💓 🤗

Ken Ziegenfus @Woken67
05 July, 04:39
In response Lauren M Bradley to her Publication
Amen! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🫶🫶🫶❤️❤️❤️

Age of Enlightenment @Sparrows
05 July, 02:14
Is it as much naive trust as just our wanting people to be loyal/ faithful?

I can testify, there were missed opportunities in my young life were I desperately needed the tenacious protection of loyalty. What we have given to those close to our hearts with our kinetic loyalty of the last 3 years, what they have loathed in us during these same years they will yet come to admire, whether they live long enough to fully appreciate or not.

Faithfulness.
What everyone wants…but, so few determine to be.

Brian Strong @Silverbug777
05 July, 02:12
I tell myself to remember this when they decide they need me again in the hopefully not so distant future.

Haint Blue @HaintBlue
05 July, 02:06
I do believe more people are under some sort of mind control than I thought possible. Not victims of the hard core programming, but consumers of the daily BS from all directions/sources. The more you know...

Laritha Savage @Laritha
05 July, 04:56
In response Haint Blue to her Publication
Does it come from the TV? Subliminal messages.

Tmaga Amaga @Tag456
05 July, 05:56
In response Haint Blue to her Publication
Propaganda and possession

sharon pasvant @memyselfi
05 July, 02:06
i have a small select group of friends.
they have been there for years.
i dont trust readily..

Laura -VS @lachacquitamama
05 July, 02:05
Made to sharpen our senses as we grow. All a learning process. Our actions or reactions get better. I was tested very much so today. Saw it clear as day. Thank to Creator

sharon pasvant @memyselfi
feel your pain

MARY L. KIRBY BRYANT @MARYLKIRBYBRYANT
YES I AGREE IT HAS HAPPENED TO ME OFF AND ON FOR DECADES BUT I KEPT PRAYING TO GOD IF THEY ARE NOT TRUE
TO YOU AND ME REMOVE THEM FROM MY LIFE AND HE DID !!!
HEARTBREAKING TRUE NOT MANY LEFT BUT THANKFUL FOR THE FEW THAT ARE

Only followers of this user (CBear) can see their posts