Vincent Kennedy⍟ @VincentKennedy
After your dog died how long did it take you to get another dog?
03:13 PM - Feb 03, 2023
Only people mentioned by VincentKennedy in this post can reply
Sev Vomwohld @Sev
08 February, 10:41
In response Vincent Kennedy⍟ to his Publication
Nate transitioned 8/9/22, he left too soon, and he's a hard act to follow. Working on raising my vibe so that I either connect w/ him again or a dog just as cool.

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Sev Vomwohld @Sev
08 February, 10:46
In response Sev Vomwohld to his Publication
He had regulation Star Trek sideburns too

Notice: Undefined index: tg1tga_access in /home/admin/www/anonup.com/themes/default/apps/timeline/post.phtml on line 396
Pony Patriot @Ponypatriot7
06 February, 09:35
lost mine early Dec. we are starting to talk about it, just talking

Crazy Plant Llama @beefNcheese
05 February, 06:07
Our dog died April 2020 and my husband is not yet ready. From my perspective I see it as we have the ability to give another lonely innocent being a beautiful life. His perspective is more of “we’re replacing him”. He says that I can get one if I want but he won’t be involved and in my opinion that’s not a healthy environment to bring a dog into. They feel when they’re unloved even if that’s not necessarily the reason someone’s acting that way. I think the most important thing to consider is not so much the timing, it’s you and your family’s mental state. If you’re grieving, the dog will feel it. If you’re confused how to feel or are reserved, the dog will feel it. If you’re expecting the new dog to be like the one that passed, they won’t and they’ll feel it. I think you’ll know when it’s time and remember not to make emotion a factor in the decision🙏

Christine Pasquale @Pasquale
05 February, 01:59
Cha~Cha Pretty Girl passed over Rainbow bridge November 28, 2021 right after her 14th birthday. She was my best friend. I really wasn't prepared to get another furbaby... I hadn't gone completely through the grieving process, but I brought home an APL rescue that litter came from Tennessee on February 19, 2022. Sissy Girl has taken getting used to. Going from a little baby (ShihTzu/Pekingese)all the lifetime cuddles and conversation to a big ferocious girl(Lab/Pittie) with happy tail syndrome and a little bit of Damnit I'll bite you is not the same.
I miss Cha~Cha tremendously

Jersey Gurl @Jersey_Gurl
05 February, 12:29
So sorry VK for your loss of your dawgher, they have such little time here with us and every moment counts and they are part of the family. When they pass it hurts and leaves a void. Totally empathize with you. When you said she was 11yr it home because mine is turning 11 too. But I also want to share with you how you may want to get a pooch sooner than later. Here’s a perfect example:
A close friend of mine who is also on AU as well, just lost his dog about ten days ago and I was hoping he get one right away, they were together 24hrs a day. I wanted suggest, but it wasn’t my place, So I was ecstatic for him, when he told me he was he was picking up his new fur baby in three weeks and that was two weeks ago. He is so excited and hopefully it will lessen his pain.

Only followers of this user (Goodvib3s7) can see their posts

Jackie Piddle @jax001
04 February, 07:57
I have had numerous dogs and lost them, to me you will know when you find that next special dog or it may by accident fall right into your life. When ever that happens that dog was meant to be a part of your family.

Suzanne Duffy @HealthGangster
04 February, 07:55
My Chessie Sailed On in 2012 and my Coon Hound in
2016...Each one of these precious Souls represent a time in our life,they helped me to grow into a better version....The wound for me is just now healing,becuz other parts in my life healed....Each person journey and where they r is unique....
Grief effects us all differently and at different times to release it....💙

Whites QWall donated @QTip75
04 February, 06:29
I’ve never had a dog in my adult years but I had a cat/cats over the years. It always took months it seemed after a death. The day I decided to replace my cat that died months ago, my ex-wife texted within five minutes of me making that decision asking if I wanted my cat back from that marriage. Crazy ./sync!

I do love dogs but I’ve been a traveling musician my entire adulthood and I didn’t think it would be fair for me to leave a dog alone in the house all the time. Cats don’t mind.

K.T. Patriot @Ktpatriot
04 February, 06:24
3 days! I was a mess and couldn’t handle the quiet house and crumbs from the toddlers on the ground!

Lori Strickland @QuirkyTulip
04 February, 06:17
The very next day, I got a puppy from ASPCA. It was hard, but I will always have a dog. Sooner is better than later.

Divine Dirtclod donated @Divinedirtclod
04 February, 05:49
My Wife and I rescued bully breeds for 2 decades. Retrained them on number comands and rehomed many.

I could never pay enough money to my 9 year old son to pick up dog poo...so we have cats now.

I would rescue again before I ever bought from a breeder.

Drink the soup, spit out the bones.

#BlessUp

LightHeartAnon • LHA donated @LightHeartAnon
04 February, 05:45
Only your heart will know.
There is no wrong time measurement here.

Kindred Spirit @OccamsRazQr
04 February, 03:12
You’ll know.
Timing is everything.

Awake Elf @Awake_Elf
04 February, 10:17
When ever the right one came along, sometimes months sometimes years.

I have had and hopefully always will have multiple dogs though.

Susie Queue @OUTSIDEVOICE
04 February, 10:03
This past Jan 12th was the 1 yr anniversary of Sophie leaving. I haven't gotten another one. I decided that until we receive our light chambers, I just can't bare not knowing when they are in pain or sick with something, worse than that, not being able to finance their healthcare 😔. Yeah, it's been lonely, but for now I've become the "nice squirrel lady" to many of my local tree furries. I may be spending more $ on peanuts than I ever had to on dog food lol. 😌

The Real Me @TheRealMe
04 February, 09:33
It varies, but the deciding factor is instinct, and it's always a scenario where they find me. They always show up at the right time. You will know when that occurs.

Judy 777 @JudyAnon777
04 February, 05:46
In my experience, it seems that God puts a dog or cat in my life at the right time. One always just shows up.

Bee Bee @BxAx17
04 February, 04:48
Maybe they should never be alone
Two dogs
At half their Life more or less you get a new puppy
One teaches to grow
The other Will help to go

Dr. Johanna Deinert, MD @EyeOfTheStorm369
04 February, 02:35
17years and counting.

CatGirl Southworth @Catgirl
04 February, 02:33
I still haven't gotten another dog and it has been over six years. Thinking of getting another one though and maybe another cat...

Laurie Wilson @Micah6_8
04 February, 01:59
I've found the sooner the better - but to find one that matches your soul, not just a cute puppy. When our autism service dog died in April 2022, we got a puppy in June.

We have lost a number of very special dogs and cats over the years. I've found the longer you go before getting another one, the harder the grief is. The new animal literally boosts you thru the grief - it comforts you, makes you laugh, gives you a reason to get up and do things. If you put off a new animal, depression can be there a long time and the thought of a new animal becomes harder to bear.

Just make sure the next one hits your heart too. Most people just 'know' which dog or cat is for them. If you don't feel that spark, wait. There is another one out there JUST FOR YOU...you'll know when you find it. You have to look though.

Only followers of this user (Hopeful1) can see their posts

Peachy 445 donated @Peachy445
04 February, 01:12
I never had one again, more because I'm a renter and it's really hard to find a place that allows pets. She was 14.

Frostygirl28 WWG1WGA @Frostygirl28
04 February, 01:06
After losing our 6 yr old Milo tragically, i was devastated and vowed to not get another as it was too heartbreaking but a month later we rescued our Chance who was going to be euthanized because he was born blind and had deformities. I believe Milo sent him.

AcuLight Patriot @AcuLight
04 February, 12:35 (E)
We lost our dog a year ago November. Trying but still not ready. He was the best doG ❤️💙

Lisa Nelson @LittleLi77
04 February, 12:14
Our first pet was our cat. He crossed the rainbow bridge 2 months before he turned 17. That was over 11 years ago. Still miss him too. We decided to adopt a dog a month later. My hubby said I was depressed so we adopted our dog. That was 11 1/2 years ago. Our dog is still with us. But she’s getting older. Makes me sad to see her turning gray now. She’s my buddy. You’ll know in your heart & soul when it’s time.

TonyG @TonyG
03 February, 11:26
I think if it is your first it is harder to bare the thought of going through that pain again and it takes longer to get another. However, for some it helps them through the pain the sooner they get a new family pet. It is different for every person I think.

Widget 260 @widget260
03 February, 11:09
Exactly 100 days.

Dakota Owl donated @dakotaowl
03 February, 10:33
There is no prescribed timeline. After reading this thread I gotta say… I love Dogs and Dog owners are even better! So many good and positive vibes here! ✌️